Even though I am not a fan of New Years Eve-celebrations I can't help to feel that a new year sets a new start in a way. To contemplate over the events of the previous year and look forward to new adventures in the upcoming one is quite natural I think, at least it something I can't keep myself from doing. Around the new year is not the only time I look in to my life, where I've been and where I'm going, but I for sure usually also do it around this time.
My feeling about 2009 is that it is an old snake skin that that I am now stepping out of. And the sensation I get when doing so is a great one. There are still some old scales that are stuck on my new fresh skin. The will eventually fall off as well. I am looking forward to leave them all behind, but all in it's own time. What's most important is that it is just a skin that I have stepped out of. The core is me. I sometimes forget. I get lost under old scales, ripped and scared by weather and wind. But I am still there, underneath it all. And I can rise again, beautiful and strong. I need her now. The beautiful and strong one. I need her for 2010 because I have decided this year is going to be my year.
One year ago I had high hopes for 2009, I had a good feeling. Nothing turned out in any way I expected or even would have guessed. In some ways it was one of my toughest years ever. But I've also had some amazing times and met some amazing people and made all these great new friends. One year ago I couldn't even imagine the things I would experience in just one year. And I find that absolutely amazing. And I am sure that I can't in no way guess or imagine all the experiences that 2010 will bring. The only thing I know is that it is important that I get that beautiful, strong me out, and bring her along for the ride. We are ready to embrace the adventures that will come!
1 comment:
hi darling! i hope 2010 brings a lot of good things for you. i am still enjoying your writing :)
kys
Post a Comment