Tuesday, 20 January 2009

In the end.

The day I have been questioning if it would ever exist at all finally came. And passed. And here I am the day after, lying on the couch back home and trying to grasp the impact of yesterday.

In June 2007 I started the work with my thesis. It was a little bit earlier than usual, but since I was leaving for Copenhagen and had the have a professor assigned before that, and preferably also meet him or her, I had to start early. In January 2008, one year ago, I was supposed to hand it in and present it at a seminar. I didn't. Far from finished I left the fall semester of '07 behind me, with the thesis hanging over me like a rain heavy cloud hovering about wherever I was and whatever I did. It came to the point where I started to think that I would never be able to do this. I would never get it done.

With a full time job, capoeira, parties and friends the thesis didn't exactly proceed much at all. I have to say that the turning point came from the sweet Claire. She gave me some great advice and the kick in the behind that I needed and I finally started to work on it. The x-mas holidays was spent writing and the 14th of January 2009 I sent my thesis to my exminator. Yesterday morning I went to my uni for the seminar and right before lunch time my examinator gave me the passing grade.

My thesis is done, passed and handed in for good. I did it. And it feels so good.

No comments: