The world has changed radically in a quite short time. Globalisation has made the world smaller and the possibilities for travel and even moving can seem endless for our generation. I view this as a huge advancement. To be able to encounter meetings with other cultures and people from many different countries for shorter as well as longer periods is an amazingly enriching experience. I have been lucky enough to have some really cool travel experiences and I have so far lived in two different countries. I have friends all over Europe and also some in other parts of the world. I consider my self very lucky this way. But meeting all these people from different countries also means long distant friendships. And I have a lot of people that I miss a lot. It is especially hard when some one you love, that is far away, is having a rough time. You know when you just feel like dropping everything and head over to your friend, with a bottle of wine and a bag of candies that you pick up on the way. And you just come over to be there, with that other person, so that they will feel that they are not alone. I love my international life, but I hate the distances that are a part of it. I want to demand that all of my beloved friend move to Cph this very instant, can I?
No comments:
Post a Comment