
Joss Whedon's new series the Dollhouse has just started and I watched the first two episodes tonight, and I like! I wouldn't say that I'm head over heals at this point, but it seems very promising. Whedon's usual motto, nothing is what it seems, also seems to come to be an essential thesis in this series. This is in my point of view Whedon's absolutly strongest side, the intricate notions in which he's applying this idea. I was of course the basis of he's so far biggest hit series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I consider it a general trademark for Whedon. We also see, so far, two old faces that Whedon has worked with before, Eliza Dushku (Buffy the Vanpire Slayer) and Amy Acker (Angel).
The Dollhouse, so far, seem to be a brothel gone in a true capitalistic spirit. The dolls are people that can get wiped clean, human tabula rasa's, and then imprinted for what ever purpose the costumer requests. Dushku is one of the most requested actives, Echo. There's also the bitchy british co, her sneaky right hand man, the young scientist, the father figure that is Echo's handler, the one that looks after her on all missions, the FBI agent on the hunt for the Dollhouse and last but not least, the active that went awall and started a killing spree. But things are not always as they seem...
No comments:
Post a Comment