Thursday, 5 February 2009

Spoiler alert: Comments on Lost!

The series has had it's ups and downs. Basically I've found it hard to really get hooked at times. Whenever I actually watch an episode I really like it but I'm often not that motivated to actually watch it. But after four brand new episodes of the fifth season I am so in to it. I just can't wait for the next episode!

Concerning the latest episode I think that Jennfier Godwin's comments are interesting and accurate. The time flashes really are giving a lot which I did not expect to think. The noose bleeds are of course very interesting considering that they are happening to the ones that has been the longest on the island... And concerning the love relations. Well if they let something happen between Saywer and Juliet it would really be like shooting themselves in the fot. Come in, it's not Paradise Hotel so no lets all fuck all, please! Kate is of course still confused, and she really needs to make up her mind. But I hope and believe that she will live happily ever after with Saywer in the end, on the island! Because that's where they belong!

What I also really reacted on, as did miss Godwin, is the fact that even though they travel in time, they cannot change things. At first I felt it was to simplify things, and maybe in one way it is. But it is also different. Most shows, and movies that deal with time travelling emphisasise the importance to stay invisible, to not touch or interfer with anything becuase it might change the future. Lost is taking a different twist on this and after reading Godwins post I really feel it is brilliant.

So one more week until next episode...!

No comments: