Saturday, 21 February 2009

A week in paradise.

So. Back in the snowy north after one week on the paradise island Mauritius (or ile Maurice for the french). It has been a week of high temperatures, sun, water activities, nice food and fruit cocktails, and of course family time.

All in all it has been an amazing week. I've felt a million miles away from everything, which of course is actually true, but I'm talking about that feeling of being in a totally different reality. It has been great in so many ways. I've enjoyed the sun and the warmth incredibly. To be ably to just put on a small skirt, a top and a par of flip flops and then go out is amazing after the winters in Scandinavia with layer after layer with clothes. And I always love to be close to the sea, in every way. To swim in it, walk on the sea side or just admire the view. It's been great to get away and relax. But also stressful. I know all the things I need to get done when I get home
and this has made me not being able to relax fully. But I've spent some hours lying in the shadow of a palm tree reading. So no complaining here :) And the it was the family time. So nice to have time with the whole family. But I also realised that I'm not used to be around people all the time. I'm just to have time and space on my own and I like that too.

What did we actually do then? Except reading and drinking fruit cocktails, that is :) From the first hotel we went with a boat to a smaller island that was really beautiful and we got the chance to swim in a waterfall, this was really amazing! Later in the week I tried snorkelling for the first time and I loved it. There was a lot of cool things to see. We also started an early morning double tennis game, me and dad against Jake and Gustav. Poor dad injured his leg though so the double was cancelled. We kept playing for fun though, and dad got some pink pills and will be fine in a few days. We also rented a car for two days and went for a short hike one day and to the capital Port Louis the other day. We didn't stay very long in the city becaus
e of the heath, but I did manage to find a cool new bikini :) The second hotel we stayed on had a night club that was open one of the nights we were there and me and Jake payed a visit. It was a tiny tiny place with six other people. Bit with a lot of drinks and a lot of crazy dancing it was great fun! After the long trip home I'm back to reality, with a lot of great memories and a lot of great pictures!


No comments: